This laundry soak has been key to getting our clothes and household fabrics fully cleaned. We have dogs. They bring the dirt on their fluffy bodies. Naturally that means our sheets and couch covers can get pretty dirty. We realized regular washing just wasn’t enough.
Get a giant bucket or use a laundry sink that will fit whatever your are soaking. We always use gloves as well even though this is a nontoxic solution.
- 4 cups hot water
- 2/3 cup washing soda
- 1-2 cups hydrogen peroxide
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- Add essential oil to washing soda and stir to mix
- Add washing soda/lemon oil mix to hot water. Store until completely dissolved.
- Pour mixture into your bucket/tub
- Add room temperature water and the hydrogen peroxide to the bucket/tub until you feel there is enough water to be able to soak your items.
- Put your laundry items in and let them sit in the mixture for a few hours or over night. You can stir your items while they are soaking.
- Once done with the soak you will ring out the liquid from your laundry items. Place the laundry items in the laundry machine to wash like you normally would.
The dirtier the item the longer we typically soak. Stains that have existed for a long time may or may not come out with this solution. We typically soak sheets, furniture covers, pillow cases, and dress shirts.