This laundry soak has been key to getting our clothes and household fabrics fully cleaned. We have dogs. They bring the dirt on their fluffy bodies. Naturally that means our sheets and couch covers can get pretty dirty. We realized regular washing just wasn’t enough.
Get a giant bucket, tub, or laundry sink that will fit whatever your are soaking. You want the items to have room to move around when you stir or agitate. We always use gloves as well even though this is a nontoxic solution.
- 4 cups hot water
- 2/3 cup washing soda
- 1-2 cups hydrogen peroxide
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- Add essential oil to washing soda and stir to mix
- Add washing soda/lemon essential oil mix into the hot water that is in your bucket, tub, sink. Stir until completely dissolved.
- Add room temperature water and the hydrogen peroxide to the bucket/tub until you feel there is enough water to be able to soak your items.
- Put your laundry items into the bucket/tub/sink and let them sit in the mixture for a few hours or over night. Stir your items midway through your soaking period. We invested in a laundry agitator stick .
- Once done with the soak you will ring out the liquid from your laundry items.
- Place the laundry items in the laundry machine to wash like you normally would.
The dirtier the item the longer we typically soak. Stains that have existed for a long time may or may not come out with this solution. We typically soak sheets, furniture covers, pillow cases, towels, athletic clothes, and dress shirts.