Door Decs done!!! Each year we try to incorporate sustainability into our building decor. I thought of the song Bare Necessities from Jungle Book. Thus the design. I wanted to try and incorporate a sustainable feature into the design. Here comes the burlap or hessian. burlap is a sustainable natural product. has one of the lowest carbon footprints. burlap is untreated and is manufactured and sold in its natural state. Burlap is 100% biodegradable! Pinners have probs seen this project in may pins.
Burlap: I used 2 yards since I was making about 20
Ink Jet Printer
Smaller Clothes Pins
Brown Embroidery Thread
A computer designed image/saying
Backing (I used white cardstock)
Glue Tape ( I use scotch tape glider http://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Advanced-Glider-4-Inch-36-Yard/dp/B00409NNYM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1376412706&sr=8-2&keywords=tape+runner)
- Cut the freezer paper to a size that would fit into your inkjet printer
- Iron freezer paper to back of burlap
- Cut burlap freezer paper combo
- Load one at a time into printer as you press the print button from your computer
- Paint all your accessories
- Remove freezer paper backing
- Stitch around the image. Trim what you don’t want of the burlap after stitching
- Cut the backing to the size of the image. Basically so you don’t see it through the stitching or edges
- Glue the mickey head sticker wherever you want after it is dried of course
- Attached room number and clothes pin to the overall design wherever you want. I did not need to use glue since the clothes pin held everything fine.
Anyone need help with door dec-ing let me know.