Sugar scrubs are the easier DIY beauty craft whatever you want to call it. I got inspired to use tea by a post I saw somewhere. I don’t know about you, but my skin sheds a lot in the winter. I use a scrub at least once a week or every other day. I do dry brushing as well so that helps too. Below is my current scrub love.
- 1 cup granulated sugar. I prefer a finer sugar for scrubs.
- 2 passion tea bags. I also think that a nice berry hibiscus tea would smell wonderful
- ¼-½ cup Almond Oil. I add the oil slowly so I can get the consistency that I like.
- Sweet orange essential oil about 10-15 drops or as much as you want.
- Food coloring (optional). If you want this pink I suggestion adding juice from a roasted beet or get some beet powder. If you don’t mind food dye you can do that too.
Mix everything in a bowl. Put it in a jar with lid that secures well. Know that if you let this sit for some time before using you will need to mix it up because the oils may have settled. If you are using this in the shower know that the hot water will activate the passion tea and give a pink tint. It does wash off though.
Overall I enjoy the smell it gives my skin. The cost for the supplies is really cheap. Use old salsa jars to store your sugar scrubs or mason jars if you want to buy those. This is a great activity for a friends gathering activity.
Together we can,