Ingredients for Sweet Potato Filling
- 5 medium sized Sweet Potatoes diced into small about 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 large white or yellow onion finely chopped
- Optional: 2 honeycrisp apples diced into small 1/2 inch pieces. This adds a sweetness to the sweet potato onion mix. I think this addition is good if you are thinking of using this as something to pair with chips.
- Preheat oven 425
- dice sweet potatoes into about 1 inch cubes
- finely chop 1/2 onion
- In a large bowl combine sweet potatoes, onion, cumin, chipotle powder, chili powder and optional apples. If you don’t have a large bowl you can always dump it into the large rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper and mix everything there.
- Once everything is mixed and oven is ready you put the sweet potato mixture in the oven for an hour. At 30 minutes mix up the potatoes on the pan. Continue to cook for the remaining 30 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are soft enough to pierce with a fork.
- Serve with a variety of taco toppings. Check out the video below to see this and the toppings I used.
*this recipe is modified with my own spin from two recipes I found. O My Veggie and Cookie and Kate are the sites if you want to check out their version