Meals in mugs fascinate me. Probably because I work with college students who don’t always have access to a kitchen. This is an adaption to a recipe I had found. I am not a huge fan of using a microwave on a regular basis, but sometimes it is all people have. The microwave make this quick and easy for anyone needing a treat.
- 4 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sucanat (you could also use brown sugar. Sucanat retains more of the vitamins, minerals, etc)
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder (promise you can use this in other things)
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk from can (no additives if possible. You can also use another non dairy milk if that is what you have)
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon dash cinnamon
- 2-3 tablespoons or 2 squares crushed Theo Mint 70% dark chocolate (you can also change this to dairy free chocolate chips)
Mix all your dry ingredients in a bowl except for the chocolate chips or bar.
Mix your wet ingredients in a seperate bowl from the dry
Combine the wet with the dry and mix. You should get a cake batter consistency.
Put your mixture into a mug
Cook for 3 minutes in microwave. Should come out fluffed up but moist.
Throw on toppings in you want. My fav is raspberries. They get warmed up by the hot cake. If you wanted you could throw in some peanut butter or other nut butter in the center.
What are you going to use the rest of the canned coconut milk for? Put it in the jar and store in the fridge. You can use it in smoothies or porridge. My morning porridge or oatmeal has 1/2 cup of coconut milk and 1/2 cup water.